Game Day Tailgating at the University of Florida
Tailgating areas and Tents
- Tailgating set-up may not begin prior to 6:00 a.m. on game day and must be dismantled by 3:00 a.m. post-game.
- Tailgating is NOT permitted in any area marked or taped off by university staff.
- Tailgating locations are only permitted in general outdoor areas of campus and are first come first serve, except for official University events. Indoor tailgating and rooftops are strictly prohibited.
- Tents, tables, and chairs are not permitted in areas that impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into an adjacent parking space.
- Tent size cannot exceed 12’ x 10’ (120 square feet) for movement in an emergency.
- Tents larger than 120 square feet require a tent permit which can be applied for here: pdf (ufl.edu).
- To prevent injury to individuals and damage to UF property and underground utilities, tents or other objects may not be secured by staking the ground.
- Except for properly permitted official University events, charging for admission at any tailgate is strictly prohibited as is any commercial activity and fundraising.
- UFPD reserves the right to restrict areas that they deem at maximum capacity.
- Use of UF’s electrical outlet use is prohibited. If electricity is needed, please provide a generator equipped with a muffler. Extension cords must be properly managed to reduce trip hazards.
- Please help us keep our campus beautiful and clean up after yourself. Remember to “Put it in the can Gator Fan!”
- Animals, except for service animals are prohibited in all buildings. Animals brought to campus must remain leashed and always cleaned up after. No animals shall be left unattended or secured to UF property.
- Parking is first come first serve, except for those with special parking passes provided by UAA.
- Parking spaces or additional tailgating spaces cannot be saved.
- Parking is strictly prohibited in areas that have been marked or taped off by University Staff.
- Parking is not permitted in areas that impede foot or vehicular traffic.
- Be advised that those who break parking rules are at risk of being towed and/or ticketed.
- Follow this link for more information about Game Day Parking: https://floridagators.com/sports/2015/12/10/_facilities_parking_football_.aspx
Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco
- UF is a smoke-free campus.
- Individuals 21 years of age or older are permitted to possess and consume alcohol on UF property during the designated tailgating hours, 6:00 a.m. game day and up to 3:00 a.m. post-game.
- UF does not condone any act related to excessive consumption of alcohol that impairs, interferes, or endangers the safety or enjoyment of anyone attending these events, including the individual who chooses to consume alcohol.
- Open containers of alcohol must be kept within the immediate tailgating area and are not permitted on public streets, sidewalks, and thoroughfares.
- Individuals are responsible for compliance with all local and state laws governing alcohol consumption.
- Please be responsible and do not operate a motor vehicle after alcohol consumption.
- Grills must be always attended, placed on level ground surface, and placed at least 25 feet away from any building or structure, including vehicles, equipment, and materials. An ABC-rated fire extinguisher is recommended.
- Cooled ash, doused with water should be deposited in an outdoor trash receptacle at least 25 feet away from any building or structure.
- Except for grilling, fire is prohibited. This includes open fire pits, fires built on the ground, and candles.
- If a fire emergency should occur, call 911.